Here are some questions to get your book club discussion started for Pieces of Home, the fourth book in the Hometown Harbor Series.
**SPOILER ALERT: The questions will divulge some of the surprises in the books, so don’t read these until you’re done!**
- Ellie’s childhood was filled with verbal and emotional abuse. Discuss how this impacts her adult life.
- Do you think Ellie could have done more to help Dani?
- Discuss Ellie’s diagnosis and how it changes her?
- Have you ever known a parent like Ellie’s mother? Do you think anything could have been done to “fix” the relationship prior to Ellie moving to Friday Harbor?
- Do you think the bond between Ellie and her sister, Ceci, will ever be repaired?
- Thinking of the last scene in the book, what do you think is in store for Ellie’s future?